Retirees: Are You Having Difficulty Gaining Access to Exchange Facilities?

One of the benefits for Exchange retirees is that they are able to shop the Exchange. DD form 2574 (retiree Exchange card) documents shopping privileges. While DD form 2574 is a Defense Department ID card, it is not an ID card recognized to grant access to the installations. Exchange retirees who need access to an installation need to obtain a “chipless” common access card (CAC). Your local HR office can provide instructions on how to contact the installation to obtain the card. For retirees located near the Exchange HQ, they may obtain their card through the headquarters HR office.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.