DALLAS – As 2017 marches on, more and more Americans’ New Year’s resolutions are falling by the wayside.
But it’s not too late to kick-start a BE FIT lifestyle—the Exchange offers plenty of healthy meal and snack options to service members and their families looking to eat healthier in 2017.
“The Exchange is committed to encouraging a BE FIT lifestyle,” said Air Force Chief Master Sgt. Luis Reyes, the Exchange’s senior enlisted advisor. “Along with exercise, proper nutrition is critical to health, readiness and resiliency.”
Several Exchange-operated restaurants serve low-calorie and better-for-you options:
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen diners can choose from more than 20 items with less than 350 calories, including three-piece blackened tenders, Cajun rice and green beans.
- Charleys Philly Steaks offers a variety of items with 150 calories or less including grilled chicken, steak and garden salads.
- Subway’s Fresh-Fit® menu includes eight sandwiches with 350 calories or less including turkey breast, oven roasted chicken and roast beef.
- Qdoba Mexican Eats entrees can be made with better-for-you ingredients including fresh vegetables and grilled chicken, with several entrees containing less than 500 calories.
- Boston Market has more than 100 meal combinations containing 550 calories or less.
- Freshens has more than 30 crepes, salads, flatbreads, rice bowls and other menu items containing less than 500 calories.
- Panda Express’s Wok Smart menu includes six entrees with 300 calories or less including String Bean Chicken Breast, Kung Pao chicken, Firecracker Chicken Breast and broccoli beef.
The Exchange recognizes how challenging it can be to eat healthy while balancing a military career with family responsibilities.
– Air Force Chief Master Sgt. Luis Reyes, Exchange senior enlisted adviser
For Soldiers, Airmen and family members on the go, Exchange Express locations offer several new snack options for a quick workout fuel-up, including the low-sugar, high-protein Krave Bar, available in flavors such as Chipotle Cherry Beef and Mango Jalapeno Pork.
Hungry shoppers in a hurry can grab Bumble Bee tuna pouches in flavors such as jalapeno, thai chili, lemon pepper, and sun dried tomato and basil. Also, more than 100 Express island coolers also now feature wraps, salads, hummus, yogurt, fresh fruit, milk and hard-boiled eggs.
“The Exchange recognizes how challenging it can be to eat healthy while balancing a military career with family responsibilities,” Reyes said. “That’s why Express stores worldwide offer 348 BE FIT approved items. We couldn’t be more proud to provide service members and their families with the nutrition they need to stay ready to protect America’s freedoms.”