One of our 2018 strategic priorities, intensify a holistic BE FIT program, supports a BE FIT lifestyle by increasing healthier product selection in our Expresses and food courts to provide delicious, low-calorie choices.
We also featureBE FIT concept shops to support active lifestyles by providing the latest in fitness gear, shoes and clothing.
The Exchange has leaned forward to provide healthier options at on-installation restaurants, Expresses and vending venues.
As an Exchange associate, it’s important you know and help communicate these initiatives to your customers.
Use these BE FIT talking points.
- Carries nearly 400BE FIT -approved items at more than 320 Express locations.
- Helps diners make the right choices by listing calories on menu boards and adding digital displays highlighting healthier options at 40 Exchange food courts. All of the Exchange’s 1,700-plus restaurants offer better-for-you menu choices.
- Is expanding better-for-you choices in Exchange vending machines with options that fulfill National Automatic Merchandising Association Fit Pick requirements.
- Is developing and expanding national brands with better-for-you choices like Subway, Freshens, Qdoba and Muscle Maker Grill.
- Offers Salad Wednesdays featuring $2.00 off selected entrée salads.
- Provides apple slices in signature brands kids meals.
- Implemented more than 60 BE FIT concept shops in Exchanges, bringing athletic footwear, gear and apparel together in a one-stop spot.
- Actively participates in OSD’s Healthy Army Community and Air Force Smart Fueling working groups.
In 2018, the Exchange will intensify our efforts to ensure Warfighters and their families stay healthy. Let your customer know all the ways we support their readiness and resiliency.