Exchanges at Fort Campbell, UK Consolidated, Robins/Moody Air Force Base and Offutt Air Force Base have received the organization’s highest honor—the Director/CEO Cup—for outstanding service to Soldiers, Airmen and military families in 2017.
The winners represent the best “super,” large, medium and small Exchange in the world and earned the annual award based on customer experience, leadership, business results, marketing efforts, community support and command validation for partnerships and engagement.
Director/CEO Tom Shull, President Ana Middleton, Chief Operating Officer Dave Nelson, Chief Administrative Officer Phil Stevens and Chief Master Sgt. Luis Reyes saluted the winning teams during the Exchange’s annual Main Store Managers/General Managers Conference in Frisco, Texas, on May 7.
“During my time in the Army, I commanded C Company, 1-22 Infantry Regiment,” Shull said. “The regiment’s motto, ‘Deeds Not Words,’ exemplifies these teams’ service to those who serve. The teams at Fort Campbell, UK Consolidated, Robins/Moody and Offutt set the standard for how the Exchange can best serve the best customers in the world.”
"The teams at Fort Campbell, UK Consolidated, Robins/Moody and Offutt set the standard for how the Exchange can best serve the best customers in the world.”
-Tom Shull, Director/CEO
Exchange leaders presented more awards in several categories during the MSM/GM conference’s opening day.
“We are proud of the leadership shown by all our associates at Offutt, Robins/Moody, UK Consolidated and Fort Campbell,” Shull said. “This recognition of the care and commitment you have shown to the best customers in the world is well-deserved.”
Fort Campbell won in the “super” category, while UK Consolidated—which comprises Lakenheath, Mildenhall, Feltwell, Menwith Hill, Alconbury, Molesworth, Croughton, Blenheim Crescent, London Embassy, and Stavanger, Norway—won among large stores. Robins/Moody Air Force Base and Offutt Air Force Base took home the prizes for medium and small categories, respectively.
Family Serving Family award
The Family Serving Family award, in its second year, recognizes Exchanges that best exemplify the organization’s core value. This year, the award was presented to two deserving Exchanges: the Iraq Exchange, which supports coalition forces from more than 60 countries, and the Fort Buchanan Exchange, for its exceptional service after hurricanes Irma and Maria devastated the island last fall.
The X Awards
The winners of the X Award—given to the main store in each region for operational excellence based on earnings, MILITARY STAR penetration, gross margin return on investment and inventory variance—were:
- Eastern Region – Fort Jackson
- Central Region – Grand Forks Air Force Base
- Western Region – Luke Air Force Base
- Europe Region – U.S. Army Garrison Ansbach
- Pacific Region – Camp Foster
The Services Cup for improving customer experience and earnings via services and vending initiatives was awarded to:
- Small Exchange – Offutt Air Force Base
- Medium Exchange – Barksdale Air Force Base
- Large Exchange – KMC Consolidated
Exchange Protection Plan
Exchange Protection Plan winners with the top attach rates were:
- Eastern Region – Fort Drum (16.81 percent), Robins Air Force Base (14.10 percent) and MacDill Air Force Base (14.06 percent)
- Central Region – Fort Riley (14.12 percent), Fort Hood (14.03 percent) and McConnell Air Force Base (13.89 percent)
- Western Region – Holloman Air Force Base (16.67 percent), Fort Lewis (15.73 percent) and Goodfellow Air Force Base (13.61 percent)
- Europe Region – Grafenwoehr main store (22.89 percent), Aviano Air Base main store (20.89 percent) and Panzer Barracks main store (18.83 percent)
- Pacific Region – Yokota Air Base (23.03 percent), Camp Humphreys (18.08 percent) and Camp Foster (17.10 percent)
Global Connection Award
The Global Connection Award for supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace was presented to Maxwell-Gunter/Fort Rucker Consolidated Exchange.
Loss Prevention Safety Award
Europe Region was presented with the Loss Prevention Safety Award.
“The Exchange is privileged to have extremely passionate associates—the best in the world,” Shull said. “Thank you—all of you—for all you do each day to make a difference to Soldiers, Airmen and military families.”