The Army & Air Force Exchange Service provided incredible support to service members and their families throughout 2017. The new Mission Report chronicles the year’s game changers, which position the organization for success for years to come.
In the annual report, find news about:
- The Veterans online shopping benefit that welcomed home 18.5 million Veterans to the Exchange family.
- The acceptance of the MILITARY STAR® card in all commissaries.
- The ways associates stepped into action after three hurricanes in less than 30 days.
- The new 300,000-square-foot Exchange at South Korea’s Camp Humphreys, opened four months ahead of schedule.
- BE FIT initiatives, which provided fitness information, nutrition tips, equipment and better-for-you food options to keep Warfighters ready and resilient.
- The many ways Exchange associates served troops at the tip of the spear in the Middle East, Africa, Eastern Europe and South Korea.
- Associates’ stories of Family Serving Family.
- The initiatives the Exchange used to provide meaningful careers to Veterans, Wounded Warriors and military spouses.
The Mission Report includes the audited financial numbers from the Exchange’s third-party global financial services company.
An important message about dividend questions from local command
In 2017, the Exchange provided $219 million in dividends to military Quality-of-Life programs, including Army Child Development Centers, Army Youth Programs and Air Force Outdoor Recreation.
Any questions from local command about Exchange dividends should be directed to the Finance & Accounting Directorate’s Financial Analysis & Planning division or to Corporate Communication. You can find more information here.