Open enrollment for 2019 Exchange benefits will be Nov. 1-30.
During this period, associates can enroll in a health plan, switch plans, add or remove dependents and elect to enroll or re-enroll in one or both flexible spending accounts (FSAs).
FSAs cover eligible expenses for healthcare and dependent care. FSA elections do not roll over year to year. If they wish to participate, associates must make a new election to have an FSA in 2019.
Associates can go to www.nafhealthplans.com to:
- Meet Alex, the “know-it-all” benefits counselor (or to Employee Self Service > Hi I’m Alex/eBenefits)
- View the new open enrollment video
- Join an open enrollment conference call (schedule is posted on website)
- Review the DoD NAF health plan rates for 2019
- Make 2019 elections by following the instructions on eBenefits.
During open enrollment, associates who are already enrolled in a life insurance plan can increase coverage by one level with no proof of good health required.
Associates can contact HRSC if they have questions (HRSC@aafes.com / 1-800-508-8466).
Meet Alex®, interactive benefits counselor
There’s a lot to consider making enrollment decisions. Alex can help!
Alex is an online, easy-to-use tool that can help associates choose the right benefits.
Associates can just give him basic information, and he’ll walk them through their plan options for medical and dental and FSAs, and life insurance, and more!
At the end, he’ll suggest benefits that match needs, budget and preferences.
To enroll, go to Employee Self Service > Hi I’m Alex / eBenefits > eBenefits > Make my 2019 elections.