Best of the Best: Which Exchanges Walked Away with the X Award, Services Cup and Other Awards?
At the Exchange’s 2019 main store manager/general manager conference in Frisco, Texas, top stores in several categories were honored with special awards.
COO X Award
The COO X Award—given to one main store in each region that is setting the bar for operational excellence based on earnings, MILITARY STAR penetration, gross margin return on investment and inventory variance—was awarded to:
- Eastern Region – Fort Benning
- Central Region – Fort Sam Houston
- Western Region – Los Angeles Air Force Base
- Europe Region – RAF Mildenhall
- Pacific Region – Andersen Air Force Base
“Every day, Exchange associates go above and beyond to care for those who serve,” said Chief Operating Officer Dave Nelson. “The recognition they receive with these awards is beyond deserving for their extraordinary efforts.”
The Services Cup is awarded for improving the customer experience and earnings via services and vending. Because services was a major component in achieving stellar 2018 earnings, multiple locations were awarded the Services Cup award:
- Small – Iraq, Mountain Home Air Force Base, Kunsan Air Base, Selfridge Air National Guard Base and Puerto Rico/Honduras
- Medium – UK Consolidated, Fort Huachuca, Misawa Air Base, Tinker Air Force Base and Joint Base Langley-Eustis
- Large – USAG Wiesbaden, Nellis/Creech Air Force Bases, Camp Humphreys, Fort Riley/McConnell Air Force Base and Fort Benning
- Super – KMC Consolidated, Hawaii Consolidated, Colorado Springs Consolidated, Fort Sam Houston, Fort Bragg/Seymour Johnson Air Force Base
Exchange Protection Plan
USAG Vicenza topped all stores worldwide with a 19.97% Exchange Protection Plan attach rate. Complete winners were:
- Eastern Region – Fort Drum (17.11%), Fort Buchanan (14.74%) and Robins Air Force Base (13.03%)
- Central Region – Fort Hood (14.85%), Tinker Air Force Base (14.34%) and Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth (13.74%)
- Western Region – Holloman Air Force Base (18.29%), Fort Lewis (17.23%) and Goodfellow Air Force Base (16.08%)
- Europe – Vicenza, RAF Lakenheath (15.99%) and USAG Grafenwoehr (14.95%)
- Pacific Region – Yokota Air Base (18.24%), Camp Humphreys (16.55%) and Camp Foster (15.22%)
Loss Prevention, Global Connection awards
Western Region took home the Loss Prevention Safety Award, having achieved a 20% reduction in recordable accidents over the prior year.
The Global Connection Award for supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace was presented to Offutt Air Force Base Exchange.