The Hartford will take over Aetna’s life and disability plans for the Exchange, starting on Jan. 1, 2020.
The plans include:
- Basic Life + AD&D (accidental death & dismemberment)
- Supplemental life insurance
- Spouse/child life insurance
- Executive Management Program life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Managed disability absence management program
- Retiree life insurance
What does this change mean to me?
Actually, very little. All policies and premiums will remain the same for 2020.
You’ll see The Hartford logo on letters, emails and computer screens.
For short- and long-term disability claims, your claim number and online claims system will stay the same. By early November, The Hartford will send instructions via mail about how to log into the claims system using a different method.
When retiree life insurance value reduced at ages 66, 67 and 68, some retirees chose to convert the lost coverage portion into individual policies. Those policies will remain with Aetna.
Associates, reach the Human Resources Support Center, (214) 312-6190 or HRSC@aafes.com. Retirees, call Retiree Benefits Call Center, (800) 519-3381 or email@example.com.