Serving Those Who Serve: Exchange Generates $205M to Support Quality-of-Life Programs
The Army & Air Force Exchange Service’s mission is to make life better for members of the military community around the world. The Exchange’s recently completed 2021 audit shows that you did just that, helping the Exchange generate $205 million for critical military Quality-of-Life programs.
2021 dividends to each Service:
Army: $111 million
Air Force: $75 million
Marines: $13 million
Navy: $6 million
Despite the challenging and changing circumstances we navigated through the second year of the COVID-19 pandemic, 2021 Exchange revenue exceed $8.3 billion, generating $318 million in dividends-eligible earnings. This is a phenomenal achievement that underscores the criticality of your amazing service to those who serve.
See our 2021 Mission Report for full details regarding the results of your efforts over the past year. 2021 achievements include:
- Welcoming 575,000 new shoppers, as a change in Department of Defense policy allowed DoD and Coast Guard civilian employees and retirees to shop the Exchange.
- Serving 59,000 troops overseas throughout 45 military exercises.
- Supporting Operations Allies Welcome, assisting more than 76,000 Afghan guests as they traveled to their new homes.
- Expanding career opportunities for Veterans and military spouses—more than 54,000 Veterans and spouses have joined our team since 2013, and the Exchange aims to increase that number to 75,000 by 2026.
- Increasing wellness services with the opening of the Exchange’s first chiropractic clinic, joining more than 260 vision centers, durable medical equipment stores, dental offices, nutrition centers and more.
- Improving efficiencies at distribution centers and ShopMyExchange.com.
- Upgrading the shopping experience with renovations or new construction at 21 stores.
Thank you for all that you do for the best customers in the world. It is truly an honor to serve with you.
Army Strong! Air Force Strong! Space Force Strong! Exchange Strong!
All the best,