Skip to content
Exchange Relevancy

Since 1895, the Exchange has served Warfighters & their families, protecting your benefit—tax-free shopping with military-exclusive pricing.

Shop the EXCHANGE

Active Military

Veteran / Retired Military

  • historic photo of soldiers

    123 Years and Counting

    The Army & Air Force Exchange Service is the 61st largest retailer in the United States. The Exchange has been serving Warfighters and families for nearly 124 years and works to protect your benefit—tax free shopping with military-exclusive pricing.

  • exchange store front

    Self-Supported...For Your Benefit

    The Army & Air Force Exchange Service is the Department of Defense’s largest retailer. The Exchange funds 97 percent of its budget through the sale of goods and services. The remaining 3 percent comes from appropriated funds—most of this support is used to transport merchandise to Warfighters overseas.

  • exchange playground

    All In for Military Communities

    100 percent of Army & Air Force Exchange Service earnings support military communities, including Quality-of-Life programs critical to maintaining force readiness and resiliency such as Child Development Centers, fitness centers and more. In the last 10 years, the Exchange has contributed more than $2.4 billion to these programs.

  • online shopping

    Tax-Free Shopping for Life

    Honorably discharged Veterans can shop tax-free for life at ShopMyExchange.com. This online benefit began on Veterans Day 2017, and since then Veterans have saved more than $4.5 million in sales tax. Determine your eligibility and start shopping today.

  • mobile field exchange

    We Go Where You Go!

    Wherever you go, the Army & Air Force Exchange Service goes with you. The Exchange operates 2,700 facilities, including department and convenience stores, restaurants, malls, movie theaters, gas stations and other retail businesses on military installations in 49 states, four U.S. territories and 34 countries.

  • exchange online

    Find It Online

    The Army & Air Force Exchange Service offers millions of products at ShopMyExchange.com. The Exchange’s online assortment is updated continually, offering convenience for those who don’t live near a military installation.

  • exchange store front

    Stronger Than Ever

    The Army & Air Force Exchange Service is more efficient than ever—outperforming Walmart and Target—to preserve the 123-year-old benefit for Soldiers, Airmen, military families, retirees and Veterans.

  • military shopper in the field

    Lifeline to America

    A taste home, no matter where you go. That’s what the Army & Air Force Exchange Service promises Warfighters and military families. The Exchange offers low-cost general merchandise and convenience items where other retailers can’t or won’t—including warzones and remote locations. 

  • father and son

    Family Serving Family

    Army & Air Force Exchange Service’s associates’ deep passion for serving sets the Department of Defense retailer apart from the rest. More than 85 percent of Exchange associates have a connection to the military.

  • associate with military shoppers

    Serving Side By Side

    Since 9/11, more than 4,600 Army & Air Force Exchange Service associates have deployed alongside our Nation’s military to bring Warfighters a taste of home. Exchange associates are by your side no matter where you go.

  • veterans shopping

    Hiring Heroes

    The Army & Air Force Exchange Service is a major employer of Veterans and military spouses. The Exchange has hired 34,000 Veterans and military spouses since 2013, and Veterans make up nearly 12 percent of the Exchange’s worldwide workforce.  In 2018, the organization reaffirmed its commitment to hiring 50,000 Veterans and military spouses by 2020. Those interested in working for the Exchange can visit ApplyMyExchange.com to review job openings.

  • disabled vet

    Wounded Warriors

    The Army & Air Force Exchange Service has hired 1,200 Wounded Warriors since 2010. Veterans, military spouses and others seeking employment with the Exchange can visit ApplyMyExchange.com to view job openings worldwide.

Scroll To Top