BE FIT LIVE: Come Train With Us!
Live workout from 20 July 2020.
Join Be Fit Ambassador Roy Montez and SMSgt Berry during a Facebook Live workout to challenge yourself with targeted workouts for your arms, core, back, glutes and lower body for a full body strength and conditioning test to help you stay mission ready.
If you were not able to catch the live experience, you can play back and follow along Facebook Live link here.
- :40 seconds of work and :20 seconds of rest
- 4 exercises
- 4 Rounds total
- 1:00 minute of rest between rounds
Squat to Overhead Press
Target: Quad, Glutes, Aductor, Abductor, Calf, Deltoids, Core Stability
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-distance apart, your toes angled slightly outward.
- Hold a weighted object in both hands at your chest, gripping the handles as though you were cupping a goblet—one hand on either side of the handles. Bend your elbows so the goblet is positioned right at the center of your chest.
- Warm-up by using a lighter (or no) kettlebell to get a sense of the movement. Then, progress to a heavier weight for your full set.
- Engage your core and look straight ahead—you want to keep your back neutrally aligned and your eyes facing straight ahead throughout the squat.
- Press your hips back and begin bending your knees to perform the squat. Inhale as you perform this downward phase.
- Keep the weight close to your body during the movement.
- Focus on keeping your chest tall as you continue pressing your hips back and lowering down. The goal is to get your hips below parallel with your knees.
- Make sure your weight remains evenly distributed across your feet, or slightly more weighted toward your heels—you shouldn’t come up on your toes as you squat.
- Check your position at the bottom of the squat—your elbows should be positioned on the inside of either knee at the lowest point of the squat. This helps ensure that your knees remain aligned with your toes as you move into the deep squat position.
- Press through your heels and reverse the motion to return to the starting position. Exhale as you rise, and be sure to press your hips forward at the top of the squat to more fully engage your glutes.
- Once at top of movement, extend arms to overhead isolating and activating shoulders.
3-Part Push Up Complex
Target: Pectoral, Tricep
- Draw in navel and contract glutes.
- Keep pelvis in neutral position, slowly lower body toward ground, by flexing elbows and retracting and depressing shoulder blades.
- Keep elbows at 45 degree angle.
- Push back up to starting position, by extending elbows and contracting chest.
- 2 reps of close grip, 2 reps of standard grip, and 2 reps of a wide grip to simulate a chest fly.
- Cycle through these 3 hand positions for the :40 of work.
Lateral Squat to Good Morning
Target: Quad, Glutes, Aductor, Abductor, Calf, Core Stability
- Start with your feet wider than your hips and your knees and toes pointing forward. (Slightly turning your feet out to 11 o’clock and 1 o’clock is okay too, if it feels more comfortable).
- Shift your weight into your right heel, push your hips back, and bend that knee while leaving your left leg straight. Try to get your thigh parallel to the floor. You can bring your arms in front of you as a counter balance or clasp them at your chest.
- Then, drive through your right foot to reverse the movement. Once feet are back together, perform a good morning by hinging at hips to parallel while keeping core enguaged and holding a neutral spine (relatively straight).
- Repeat on the other side and work for the :40.
Plank to Toe Touches
Target: Core Strength and Stability
- Start in a high plank position
- Push your hips up high
- Keep your legs straight
- Take your right hand and reach for your left toe
- Return to the high plank position
- Take your left hand and reach for your right toe
- Repeat for :40 of work.
Recipes, workouts, healthy tips, and more. Become part of the BeFit Nation.
Enter To Win
See all of current Exchange sweepstakes by selecting "Contents/Sweepstakes" from the filter.
Facebook Events List
Looking for something to do?
Find Exchange and MWR events happening in your community.